Until further notice Al-Anon meetings held at the following places are canceled due to building closures:
Washtenaw Alano Club,
Zion Lutheran Church
St. Luke-Ann Arbor
King of Kings
Belleville First United Methodist
United Methodist Retirement Communities
March Canceled Events & Business Meetings:
AWSC Meeting, March 14th, 2020
March Round-Up, March 13-15, 2020
District 5 Meeting will be rescheduled. Date TBD.
Our Michigan State Governor, Gretchen Whitmer, and the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) are strongly discouraging large gatherings in order to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
The average age of an Al-Anon member is in their 60’s. Many members are at a high risk of contracting COVID-19 due to their age. Everyone has some measure of responsibility to help limit the spread of this disease. Even individuals who are healthy can help prevent the spread of COVID-19 to others. Keeping in mind the traditions of Al-Anon please consider other meeting formats such as phone calls, and online meetings.
Our common welfare should come first; personal progress for the greatest number depends upon unity, Tradition 1
Each group should be autonomous, except in matters affecting another group or Al-Anon or AA as a whole, Tradition 2
Wednesday 02/26/2020 7:30 pm “Courage to be Me Alateen” is cancelled tonight.
- Al-Anon Information Service
- Literature Distribution Center
- Group Records Coordinator
- District Representative
Attention all Al-Anon members, please help spread the word that there are open service positions in District 5 that need to be filled asap. Please refer to the Al-Anon Service Positions web page to learn more about the responsibilities of each position.
Please send an email to email@example.com if you:
- Are interested in learning to do service work as one of the above positions
- Have experience in any of these positions and are willing to provide guidance or answer questions to the next person
December 25th – Wednesday 7:30 pm “Just for Today” meeting at Lutheran Zion Church is canceled.
December 25th – Wednesday 7:30 pm “Courage to be Me Alateen ” meeting at Lutheran Zion Church is canceled.
January 1st – Wednesday 7:30 pm “Just for today” meeting at Lutheran Zion Church is canceled.
Please join us in serving the district to further the Al-Anon mission from 10:30 AM to 12:00 PM at King of Kings, 2685 Packard Rd, Ann Arbor. We are still seeking a new District Representative (DR). You are welcome to join after 10:30 AM if necessary. Please email the District 5 Secretary to add items to the agenda.
- Open with Serenity Prayer
- Read Twelve Concepts of Service
- Minutes from past meeting
- Voting policy – Each registered group may assign only one individual per District Meeting who may vote. Officers that are not voting on behalf of a group at the District Meeting may also vote.
- Treasurer’s report – Jan A
- AWSC Report – Maggie S
- Items to discuss
- Elections: District Representative, Secretary
- Hosting AWSC March 14, 2020 – Cheryl B
- Elect voting representative to attend next AWSC March 14, 2020 at 1075 West Monroe Road (M 46), St. Louis, MI
- Vacant positions: Al-Anon Information Service (AIS), Open Speaker Series, Group Records
- Rename District Meetings
- Add conference literature S17, S19, S20, and/or S25 to District website
- District Representative (DR) – Vacant
- Alternate DR – Maggie S
- Alateen – Robin R
- AIS – Vacant
- LDC Liaison – Diane B
- Group Records – Vacant
- Information Phone – Kelly S
- Open Speaker Series – Vacant
- Public Outreach – Bev S
- Secretary – Bryan T
- Web Admin – Melinda K
- Other business
- Next meeting TBD
- Close with the Al-Anon Declaration
Let It Begin With Me.
When anyone, anywhere,
reaches out for help – let the hand of
Al-Anon and Alateen always be there, and
Let It Begin With Me.
CLOSED: This meeting of Al-Anon is closed to the public. Closed meetings are for anyone whose personal life is or has been deeply affected by close contact with a problem drinker. If you are interested in Al-Anon/Alateen or wish to observe as a student or professional, we welcome you to attend one of our meetings designated as ‘open’.
On Wednesday, November 13, 2019 from 7:30pm – 9:00pm, Just For Today Al-Anon Family Group will have their 2019 Anniversary Pie Party, in lieu of the traditional meeting. This event will feature speaker Ann M., World Service Delegate, Area 27. She will tell her story and experience with Service. Newcomers are welcomed.