Please see other announcements for arrangements made by individual meetings. If your meeting has made alternate arrangements, please inform GroupChanges@afgDistrict5.org.
The mini-conference is held at New Song Community Church, 5211 S Occidental Rd, Tecumseh, MI 49285 from 9:30 AM – 5:30 PM. There is a full Al-Anon program. Lunch is included in the admission fee of $4 per person or $6 per family. You may download the redacted flyer for more info.
Oakland County family Groups hosts this event geared toward GRs, DRs, and members interested in learning more about recovery through service work. You may download the redacted flyer.
There is a request for a new Alateen meeting at the Ozone House in Ypsilanti. Ozone House is an agency that provides shelter and support services to youth who are in unsafe living situations. They are looking for someone to facilitate an Alateen meeting on Monday nights at their Ypsilanti location. To be an Alateen sponsor you must have 2 years in Al-Anon and pass a background check. There is also training for new sponsors. The District Alateen Coordinator can give guidance as well. If anyone is interested in this service position, please contact Robin R <Alateen@afgDistrict5.org>. Please announce this at your group meetings, thanks!
Correction: The relocated Tuesday/Friday AFG meeting will meet at its regular time from 9:30 AM to 10:30 AM. You may download or view a redacted pdf version that is suitable for printing and distribution. Additional contact information may be found on the Contact Us page. Please subscribe to our mailing list to receive these monthly flyers direct to your email (without redaction when possible).
The 2014 World Service Conference gave conceptual approval for “a new daily reader that reflects the diversity of the Al-Anon fellowship” and its members as they are today. The WSO continues to need sharings. You may download the flyer.
Jan B, Vicki D, and Sheila are asking for assistance with planning and hosting the annual intimacy open speaker meeting. Please contact intimacy@afgDistrict5.org to find out more.
An open speaker meeting with 4-5 sharers from 1:30 PM – 3:00 PM at Zion Lutheran Church, 1502 W Liberty St, Ann Arbor. Please download the flyer and distribute.
Please join us in serving the district to further the Al-Anon mission from 10:30 AM to 12:00 PM at King of Kings, 2685 Packard Rd, Ann Arbor. We are still seeking a new District Representative (DR). You are welcome to join after 10:30 AM if necessary. Please email the District 5 Secretary to add items to the agenda.
- Open with Serenity Prayer
- Read Twelve Concepts of Service
- Minutes from past meeting
- Voting policy – Each registered group may assign only one individual per District Meeting who may vote. Officers that are not voting on behalf of a group at the District Meeting may also vote.
- Treasurer’s report – Jan A
- AWSC Report – Maggie S
- Items to discuss
- Elections: District Representative
- Elect voting representative to attend next AWSC 1075 West Monroe Road (M 46), St. Louis, MI
- Vacant positions: Al-Anon Information Service (AIS), Open Speaker Series, Public Outreach
- Decide 2019 District Meeting schedule
- Hosting an informal Georgia D Memorial & Celebration of her Al-Anon District 5 Service Legacy – Maggie S
- Intimacy Open Speaker Meeting
- District Representative (DR) – Vacant
- Alternate DR – Maggie S
- Alateen – Robin R
- AIS – Vacant
- LDC Liaison – Diane B
- Group Records – Julie S
- Information Phone – Marilyn F
- Open Speaker Series – Vacant
- Public Outreach – Vacant
- Secretary – Bryan T
- Web Admin – Melinda K
- Other business
- Next meeting TBD
- Close with the Al-Anon Declaration
Let It Begin With Me.
When anyone, anywhere,
reaches out for help – let the hand of
Al-Anon and Alateen always be there, and
Let It Begin With Me.
CLOSED: This meeting of Al-Anon is closed to the public. Closed meetings are for anyone whose personal life is or has been deeply affected by close contact with a problem drinker. If you are interested in Al-Anon/Alateen or wish to observe as a student or professional, we welcome you to attend one of our meetings designated as ‘open’.