Please join us from 10:45 AM to 12:45 PM at King of Kings, 2685 Packard Rd, Ann Arbor. At this meeting, Group Representatives will be electing our next District Representative (DR), Alternate DR, Secretary, and Treasurer. If your GR can’t attend, send your group’s alternate GR. Additionally, all members are welcome to come and voice their concerns and hear about the happenings in District 5 and beyond. You are welcome to join after 10:45 AM if necessary.
- Open with Serenity Prayer
- Read the 12 Traditions and Concepts
- Treasurer’s report – Jan A
- Secretary minutes
- Elections Procedure
- Electing District Represetative (DR), Alternate DR, and Secretary
- Treasurer will continue for now
- Read and provide hard-copies of the description and qualifications for each position
- Only Group Representatives (GRs) can vote
- Current DR asks for anyone interested in standing for each position, one at a time
- Current DR will ask each candidate to explain why they want the position
- Candidate(s) will step out of the room while GRs vote with paper ballot, including uncontested positions
- Those elected will serve for 3 years starting on the first of January
- District Representative – Cheryl B
- Alternate DR – Carl S
- Website Liaison – Bryan T
- Change position name to Web Admin
- Adopt group changes central contact
- Suggest central referral policy
- LDC Liaison – Diane B
- Group Records – Julie S
- Healthy meeting packets!
- Alateen – Robin R
- Hotline – Marilyn F
- Open Speaker Series – Annie J
- Items to discuss
- Explore what our Al-Anon Information Service (AIS) is to this district
- Vacant positions – Public Outreach, AIS, and Announcements
- Gratitude Day – Do we want to have one?
- Group Concerns
- Other business
- Next meeting 2017-09-01 05:15 PM
- Close with the Al-Anon Declaration
Let It Begin With Me.
When anyone, anywhere,
reaches out for help – let the hand of
Al-Anon and Alateen always be there, and
Let It Begin With Me.
CLOSED: This meeting of Al-Anon is closed to the public. Closed meetings are for anyone whose personal life is or has been deeply affected by close contact with a problem drinker. If you are interested in Al-Anon/Alateen or wish to observe as a student or professional, we welcome you to attend one of our meetings designated as ‘open’.