2017-07-07 District Meeting Minutes

Approval Date: Pending
Submitted by: Cheryl B
Attendance: 4 (Cheryl B, Kelly S, Annie J, Bryan T)
Location: King of Kings, 2685 Packard Rd, Ann Arbor

Opened at 5:15 PM.
Opened with Serenity Prayer.

Proposals

Approve Minutes by Email

District meeting minutes will be approved when there is no objection expressed by attendees via email. The attendees must object within the later of: (1) two weeks after posting the minutes to the afgdistrict5.org website, or (2) two weeks after the most recent non-typographical change to the minutes.

The policy was adopted.

Add Hotline to GR-1 Forms

Recommend to groups that they list our hotline as second contact on GR-1 form, and add it when groups leave it blank on GR-1 forms.

Bryan T moved to adopt this policy and Annie J seconded. The policy was adopted.

Discussions

Minutes from Past Meetings

We accepted June’s with May’s likely to be accepted.

Announcements Coordinator Resignation

We need someone to do the Announcements page as our past person resigned. Diane has volunteered to do it this month and Bryan is going to talk with her about anything further.

Our AIS

Next Meeting we want to explore what AIS is to this district.

Reports

District Treasurer – Jan A

Available balance $2312.67, which does not include $500 prudent reserve.

Hotline – Marilyn F

Marilyn was unable to attend but sent word that we had 18 calls in June and she has people all lined up to do it the rest of the year.

District Representative (DR) – Cheryl B

At Spring Assembly, there were changes in MIAFG Alateen policy. Cheryl B will get a copy to Robin from Wed. night Alateen. August 19 is our district meeting with elections. We will be voting for DR, Alternate DR, Treasurer, and Secretary. DR’s and Alt. DR’s must be or have been a GR, and only GR’s can vote. Fall Assembly is Oct. 14 with MIAFG elections then. Forum subscriptions were brought up. No new Al-Anon service manuals will be sent out any more. It is available for free at WSO members area or you can buy one.

Website – Bryan T

The next website meeting is Friday July 28, 6-8pm. The things were going well, but progress is slowing due to maintenance demands, i.e., posting new events and meeting minutes.

Open Speaker Series – Annie J

We took in $30 at the last talk, and the rest of the year schedule is set. Cheryl brought up Gratitude Day, and Annie thought we could maybe do it in November with the open talk then. She will check with the church. She brought fliers for the August 12th talk. Next open talk is 2017-08-12 2:00 PM.

District Meeting Donation

Passed the basket and gave $10 to King of Kings Church.

Closing

The next district meeting is Saturday 2017-08-19 10:45P at King of Kings.

Closed with the Al-Anon Declaration: “Let it begin with me. When anyone, anywhere, reaches out for help, let the hand of Al-Anon and Alateen aways be there, and let it begin with me.”

Closed at 6:15 PM.

2017-05-05 District Meeting Minutes

Approval Date: 2017-07-17
Submitted by: Marilyn F
Attendance: 5 (Cheryl B, Diane B, Bryan T, Julie S, Marilyn F, Kelly S, Annie J, Jaclyn M)

Opened with Serenity Prayer

Discussions

Status of 6 PM Friday meeting at the Alano Club

It has not had much success with attendance. Bryan volunteered to check it out.

Remove Tuesday night meeting at St. Clare’s

Members associated with the meeting have reported that it is no longer functioning. Diane said that she would remove it from the list and no longer publicize it. Bryan T had already removed it from the Google calendar.

Avalon House

Cheryl B volunteered to contact James Pendergrass who requested a meeting there. Kelly S suggested that perhaps people from Avalon could be transported to existing meetings.

Tuesday evening meeting in Chelsea

Marilyn volunteered to check with the Tuesday evening Al-Anon meeting in Chelsea to see if that group needs support. She also said that she would contact the GR of the Monday meeting in Chelsea re. the correct email address for the group.

Healthy Meeting Packets

It was determined that a friendly introductory page will be included. Julie S, the new Group Records Coordinator, volunteered to help draft that letter. No date has been set as to when the packets will go out to groups in the district.

District 5 Email List

Bryan T volunteered to manage the District 5 email list.

Reports

District Treasurer – Jan A

Available balance $1840.67, which does not include $500 prudent reserve.

Open Talks – Annie J

Annie J asked for funds to pay for printing Open Speaker flyers. It was decided that half of the money collected at the open talks should go toward rent for the room, and the other half should be used to print flyers for the next Open Speaker Meeting.

Unfilled positions

Al-Anon Information Service (AIS) and Public Outreach

Closing

The next district meeting is Friday 2017-06-02 05:15P at King of Kings.

Closed with the Al-Anon Declaration:

Let It Begin With Me.
When anyone, anywhere,
reaches out for help – let the hand of
Al-Anon and Alateen always be there, and
Let It Begin With Me.

Closed at 6:15 PM.