- Open with Serenity Prayer
- Read Twelve Concepts of Service
- Minutes from past meeting
- New District Meeting voting policy - Each registered group may assign only one individual per District Meeting who may vote. Officers that are not voting on behalf of a group at the District Meeting may also vote.
- Spring Assembly report delayed by rescheduling of Assembly.
- Treasurer’s report - Jan A
- AWSC Report - Jan A
- Items to discuss
- Elections: District Representative and Alternate District Representative
- Michigan AFG Spring Assembly June 23, 9 AM - 3 PM, 1075 W Monroe Rd, St Louis, MI
- Confirm/assign representative to report back on Assembly (Luanne C or Julie S)
- Assign representative to attend AWSC August 11, 10:00 AM, 1075 West Monroe Road (M 46), St. Louis, MI (Vicky D volunteered)
- Vacant positions: Public Outreach
- Intimacy Open Speaker Meeting - Richard H
- Motion: Donate $200 toward KOMIAC bus rental for Alateen - Robin R
- Childcare no interest from groups - Bryan T
- Determine what qualifies for inclusion as an announcement in our district and frequency guidance - Diane B
Current guidance is:
Subscribers to this list receive two scheduled emails monthly containing information relevant to Al-Anon Family Groups District 5 Area 27. For example, emails may contain event reminders, instructions for group officers, surveys, group participation requests, and more. Occasionally, urgent messages may be sent out on other days. Urgent messages are meeting cancellations with short notice and funeral arrangements.
- Structure of announcement email and umbrella email addresses - Bryan T
- Motion: Form committee to craft District 5 Bylaws to be presented, discussed, and adopted at a future District Meeting - Bryan T
- Motion: Omit reasons for meeting cancellations in announcements sheet and web postings to avoid potential advertising of events unrelated to Al-Anon.
- District Representative (DR) - Vacant
- Alternate DR - Vacant
- Alateen - Robin R
- AIS - Diane B
- LDC Liaison - Diane B
- Group Records - Julie S
- Information Phone - Marilyn F
- Open Speaker Series - Annie J
- Public Outreach - Vacant
- Secretary - Bryan T
- Web Admin - Bryan T
- Resume meetings
- Seeking replacement for slow transition
- Other business
- Next meeting August 18, 2018
- Close with the Al-Anon Declaration
Let It Begin With Me. When anyone, anywhere, reaches out for help - let the hand of Al-Anon and Alateen always be there, and Let It Begin With Me.
CLOSED: This meeting of Al-Anon is closed to the public. Closed meetings are for anyone whose personal life is or has been deeply affected by close contact with a problem drinker. If you are interested in Al-Anon/Alateen or wish to observe as a student or professional, we welcome you to attend one of our meetings designated as ‘open’.